The iPhone 3GS has improved performance, a camera with higher resolution and video capability, voice control, and support for 7.2 Mbps HSDPA downloading (but remains limited to 384 kbps uploading as Apple has not implemented the HSUPA protocol).
You can use the iPhone 3GS to shoot video in high-quality VGA both in landscape and portrait mode. You can also edit the video using your iPhone 3GS by doing things like adjusting start and end points. After editing, you can share your videos via email or publish it on your MobileMe and YouTube. You can always sync the videos to your personal computer using iTunes.
The iPhone 3GS has a built-in digital compass. You can use the Compass app to find directions. It even reorients maps to match the direction you’re facing.
Cut, Copy and Paste
The iPhone 3GS allows you to cut, copy and paste items from one app to another.
Want more room to type on the intelligent software keyboard? Rotate iPhone to landscape to use a larger keyboard in Mail, Messages, Notes, and Safari.
- Color: Black or White
- Capacity: 16GB or 32GB
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Proximity
Cellular and wireless
- UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR wireless technology
- 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
Size and weight
- Height: 4.5 inches (115.5 mm)
- Width: 2.4 inches (62.1 mm)
- Depth: 0.48 inch (12.3 mm)
- Weight: 4.8 ounces (135 grams)
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
Camera, photos, and video
- 3 megapixels
- Tap to focus
- Video recording, VGA up to 30 fps with audio
- Photo and video geotagging
- iPhone and third-party application integration
Power and battery
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Standby time: Up to 300 hours
- Talk time: up to 12 hours on 2G, up to 5 hours on 3G
- Battery: Internet use (up to 5 hours on 3G, up to 9 hours on Wi-Fi), video playback (up to 10 hours), audio playback (up to 30 hours)