George Optical was established in 1960 in Manila. It was from the vision of keeping abreast with the advancements in the optical industry, personalized service and professional commitment of its founder, the late George G. Co, O.D., that this clinic prospered and earned its name.
The second clinic opened along Taft Ave.in 1980, offering an even wider range of eyewear collection, the latest optical instruments in eye examination as well as its own ophthalmic lens laboratory, which offers not only quality but fast service. In line with optometric consultation, opthalmological consultation and treatments are also available. It was the first in the Philippines to have the latest automated Visual Field Analyzer, the Interzeag Octopus 1010 from Switzerland. Today some of its branches utilizes the non-contact tonometry to screen for glaucoma.